The last day of 2012 is here. Time to reflect, look ahead and most importantly, have everything you need from the grocery store (been out once so far).
Happy New Year to all of our readers whether you are a dad, mom, brother, grandfather, Internet addict or even if you are just lost.
This blog was in the design stage for most of the year. No name was thought of until late but the concept was there. To share dad stories, entertain and just be part of the parenting community.
It has only been a month but there have already been some great connections and several other dads who said they would like to join the party in 2013. Great news.
That is the future. Before getting to that, I, the creator of this slice of the net, want to look back at the moments of 2012 that changed the way we lived our lives (in reference to our two boys).
So many to share so I hope my wife forgives me if I leave a few out.
Here we go. Looking back and 2012……like a dad.
- Harrison started toddler soccer and loved it. We went every Sunday morning for an hour. The boy has skills and kicks it pretty hard. His running, balance and foot-eye coordination had me thinking Premier League 2025.
- We found out we were pregnant with kid #2. Greatest news ever as we were wondering if it was going to happen in the time frame we were hoping for.
- We paid off our car finally. This meant more cash leftover to spend on Harry.
- ABC’s and 123’s were no problem for our smartie pants. He pretty much would be talking to himself all the time counting.
- Nothing comes to mind other than the continued awesomeness of Harrison. It was the wife’s birthday. She looked lovely with a bump on the go. That bump was to be our second boy. Hoo Wah!
- Harry started swimming and passed his Parent-Tot 3 course.
- May was all about toilet training. I took that task on and did the 3-day bootcamp while my wife went away. It went great. By the end of the weekend, Harry was pretty much there No more diapers. My reward for wading in poop and pee all weekend – a Big Green Egg.
- Harry got another cousin – as Maki was born in Winnipeg. That is 3 cousins (and counting).
- My birthday, having dry nights, growing out of clothes and so much more.
- Papa and I installed a sand box in the back yard for Harry and future boy. We also painted the new nursery. Bye bye office.
- Canada Day fun, bought a bunk bed and drove to Ontario/New York for a family reunion that spilled into August. 40 hours in the car and not one accident. Nice work Harry.
- Wife and I had our 2-year anniversary.
- Tall Ships 2012.
- Once back from trip it was full on prep for baby. More painting, new floors, furniture building and getting Harry excited for his new brother.
- Awesome night at the Halifax Waterfront where we ate fish and chips and looked at boats.
- Harry’s 3rd birthday and the countdown to baby. Would it be in September? Almost.
- Our 2nd son was born on Oct. 3rd in the afternoon. Charlie!! What a day. He came out perfect and still is. Life changed in almost every way that day – all for the better.
- Learning how to live with two sons.
- Halloween – Harry was one scary ghost and was a big boy doing trick or treating.
- I took part in Movember for the first time and Harry enjoyed watching stuff grow on my upper lip.
- Launched likeadad.net.
- Halifax Parade of Lights where both boys turned on the cuteness meter to high.
- Started reading Where The Wild Things Are.
- Charlie rolls over for first time and has a string of sleeping through the night – nights.
- Christmas with my two boys and wife. We stayed in Halifax and it was a great time. One luck guy.
Now that is just a blur of what happened this year. So much more happened that was amazing and awesome. What were some of the best parts of your year when it came to being a dad, mom or parenting in general?
Let us know on Facebook.
Thanks for reading Looking Back at 2012 Like a Dad
Happy New Year.