Chicken on the Big Green Egg is one of the best things ever. So many times when you cook chicken, it can get really dry which is not pleasant. But on the Big Green Egg, it stays moist and juicy for all to enjoy. Also, the smoke adds so much flavour, it is like a dish you would get at a BBQ joint who does it for a living.
Enjoy this classic Beer Can Chicken Big Green Egg recipe. Have you tried it yet? Let me know how it went.
There are so many variations you can make. Different types of beer, different spices (I like curry flavours) and different types of wood.
I did up a beer can chicken on the Big Green Egg today and wanted to share the recipe. Nothing like celebrating the first day of parental leave with a juicy chicken, slow cooked to perfection.
Original post was featured on The Big Green Cuz.
The recipe and cooking details
What you need
- 1 chicken cleaned out. Can be anywhere from 10-15lbs. Cook a little longer the bigger the bird of course.
- Your choice of rub. Today I used brown sugar, salt, onion salt and pepper.
- Half a can of beer with a few garlic cloves tossed in. Drink the other half of course. Today I am using a pale ale.
- 4 pieces of bacon added to the top of the bird once it is sitting on the can.
- Aluminum tray or plate setter which is what I will use on the Big Green Eggs. You don’t want anything dripping in the charcoal.
- Big Green Egg primed to sit at 375 F.
- Cooking time 1.5-2 hours.