You want to argue? Let me introduce you to my wife and kids.
Yes, the Big Green Egg once again dazzled and won the hearts of dinner fans again this weekend. I went to the grocery store thinking nachos and I left with a pack of chicken wings. Crazy how the meat aisle and a mild day in March can get you to change your mind.
The outcome was simple. Season some wings, throw them in the smoker for a few hours and let the magic happen.
I don’t want to make it sounds like I’m Myron Mixon, but I make some of the tastiest wings going. Every time I serve them at a get together of friends, the talk of the party is not Canadian Politics, the weather or even what’s up with work, it is all about the spicy and savoury chicken.
Forget that grown ups love them. I base success at dinner on whether our boys eat a recipe. When it comes to the Big Green Egg they eat everything. Yes, they are spoiled for life. Oh, you are going to cook that on a normal BBQ? I’m good with my salad thanks.
Harry and Charlie go caveman on chicken wings. Tearing meat and throwing bones. All we have to do is remind them not to eat the bones.
Such a simple recipe and process, I should do it more often.
Chicken Wing Recipe on Big Green Egg
- Take a pack of wings that are already cut. There were about 24 in mine.
- Throw in a bowl and toss in your fave dry rub. Mix it all up and chill in the fridge 45 minutes before grill time.
- Prep the Egg for indirect cooking and get the temperature to 350 F.
- Add soaked wood chips (or not) and add the wings.
- Spread them out so they are not touching and close the lid.
- Smoke for 3o minutes and then turn them to make sure they are not sticking.
- Smoke for 45 minutes.
- Take them out and throw them in a bowl with your fave sauce. I used hot chicken wing sauce.
- Mix it up and put the wings back on. Close all vents and just let them sit for another 10 minutes.
- Take out and put on a serving plate to cool for a few minutes.
There are so many different ways to do chicken wings, it really never gets boring. Dry, wet, asian, jerk, hot, sweet and the list goes on and on.
The chicken is moist, flavourful and leave a smile on everyone’s face.