Yes, last night we totally forgot that Charlie was wearing underwear instead of a diaper. The result of course, a wet spot on the couch. He was more than happy to sit there and not say a thing.
Potty training our second boy has been much different from the first time around. As I have discussed before, the potty training this time is in reverse. He is a dry guy at daycare, but not into it at home. Every time we ask Charlie if he has to go, or wants to go, he simply gives us a stern NO.
He comes home from daycare in underwear and the evenings have been hit or miss with accidents. Charlie either let’s it fly or just holds it until bath and bed time.
We have yet to figure out a way to get him to go near the toilet in our house. I don’t want to force him while he is screaming because that could make him never want to do it again. When Harrison was potty trained, he was older and much more vocal. He simply told us he was either peeing or had to pee. This was much easier on the tired parent brain.
For now, we will probably continue to forget in the evening and let nature take charge. The next few weeks we have to help Charlie understand that he simply has to communicate in some way to us. But honestly, would you stop playing a video game to go to the bathroom or just go where you sit?
I also must share that when Katie took him away to clean up last night, there was an extra special gift that no parent wants to find in the underwear. Yeah, ew.
The good news in all of this is that where Charlie spends most of his time (daycare) he is doing awesome. They are proud of him and very supportive. It makes me a little jealous that our support is not having the same results.
We will keep on trying. We know it will click soon. We will try to not forget about Charlie wearing underwear on the couch. That is our mission.
- You really want to hit a parent where it hurts? Take away the luxury of a working PVR. Our’s in on the fritz and can really be a pain when you finally get to sit down and then you can’t watch what you had been dreaming of. Yes I know, third world problems.
- When you have two kids, try to have two muffins when it is breakfast time.
- Charlie says hi to everyone we pass on the street. Including the mannequins in the wedding dress store we go by.
- We are back on Thomas the Train when it comes to what the boys watch. Charlie calls it CHOO CHOO.
- Excited for a FAMILY visit next week. That’s you MS.
- I need to share a major burn that Katie dropped last night. Charlie was being a jerk at dinner and the prospect of a time out was mentioned. Charlie kept pushing. Then Katie said “I am not Dwayne Casey, I am not afraid to use a timeout“. It was so timely and perfect. That’s my wife.